Rolls-Royce Motor Cars PressClub · Article.
ROLLS-ROYCE ENTHUSIASTS CONCLUDE HISTORIC ANNIVERSARY RE-ENACTMENT TOUR WITH GRAND FINALE IN SALZBURG
29.06.2023 Press Release
The participants in the 110th anniversary re-enactment of the 1913 Alpenfahrt, comprising members of the 20-Ghost Club (the world’s oldest Rolls-Royce owners’ club and devoted exclusively to models built before 1940) make a triumphant return to Salzburg.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars
send an e-mail
- Members of the 20-Ghost Club conclude their epic re-enactment of the 1913 Alpenfahrt in Salzburg
- Event marks the 110th anniversary of the 7-day, 2,600km trial that immortalised Rolls-Royce as ‘the best car in the world’
- Participants – including pre-1940 and contemporary Rolls-Royce motor cars – closely followed the original Alpenfahrt route over some of Europe’s highest roads
- Inaugural ‘Inspiring Greatness Trophy’ presented by Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, echoing the prizes awarded to the all-conquering Rolls-Royce Works team in 1913
“The dominant performance by the Silver Ghosts of the Rolls-Royce
Works team at the 1913 Alpenfahrt confirmed Rolls-Royce as ‘the best
car in the world’. This wonderful re-enactment, marking the
110th anniversary of that landmark event, is a tribute to
their achievements, and to the engineering excellence of these
historic Rolls-Royce motor cars. That so many examples remain not
only fully operational, but able to undertake the same extraordinary
endeavours they did more than a century ago is a testament to their
devoted owners’ meticulous care and attention. These remarkable
people and their magnificent motor cars inspire greatness every time
they take to the road; I’ve been honoured to be part of this unique adventure.”
Torsten Müller-Ötvös, Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars
The participants in the 110th anniversary re-enactment of the 1913 Alpenfahrt, comprising members of the 20-Ghost Club (the world’s oldest Rolls-Royce owners’ club and devoted exclusively to models built before 1940) make a triumphant return to Salzburg after a 16-day, 2,600km odyssey through the Alps. Members were accompanied on part of their adventure by Bespoke examples of the marque’s Ghost and Black Badge Ghost models, created at the Home of Rolls-Royce at Goodwood, which celebrates its own 20th anniversary this year.
The 2023 rally closely followed the route of the original event, taking in some of the highest roads in Europe. Among the cars taking part were Silver Ghosts, including one of the original motor cars that formed part of the original 1913 Works Team that helped seal Rolls-Royce’s reputation as ‘the best car in the world’.
Although today’s drivers were engaged in a more leisurely tour – rather than a fiercely fought contest between powerful commercial and sporting rivals – Rolls-Royce Motor Cars added a further touch of competitive authenticity by awarding its inaugural ‘Inspiring Greatness Trophy’. Judged and presented by Ken Forbes and Nick Naismith, it recognises the 20-Ghost Club member who most perfectly embodies the marque’s central value, ‘Inspiring Greatness’.
CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
- Ghost: NEDCcorr (combined) CO2 emission: 343 g/km; Fuel consumption: 18.8 mpg / 15.0 l/100km. WLTP (combined) CO2 emission: 359-347 g/km; Fuel consumption: 17.9-18.6 mpg / 15.2-15.8 l/100km.
- Black Badge Ghost: NEDCcorr (combined) CO2 emission: 359 g/km; Fuel consumption: 15.8 mpg / 18.0 l/100km. WLTP (combined) CO2 emission: 359 g/km; Fuel consumption: 17.9 mpg / 15.8 l/100km.
Article Offline Attachments.
ROLLS-ROYCE ENTHUSIASTS CONCLUDE HISTORIC ANNIVERSARY RE-ENACTMENT TOUR WITH GRAND FINALE IN SALZBURG DOCX, EN, 73.26 KB